Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blo

From: Brandon Guttersohn
Subject: Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blocks
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 12:29:17 -0500

<rant>
I don't know if it's been mentioned in the "issue tracker?" thread, but
if I could pick just *one* feature off web-based forges, it'd be
automated testing with CI…
[...]

Automated testing has been a massive time-saver everywhere I've seen it used, though I'm not sure I've ever seen it combined with the mailing-list-workflow that GNU and (off the top of my head) Gnome use. I guess a bot could just individually cherry-pick patches onto master, and it would usually be the correct thing to do?

OK; IIUC, before the patch it was not possible to generate double-quoted
includes short of backslash-escaping the double quotes; that's why I
assumed that the goal of the patch was to make it easier to use
double-quoted includes, which I thought worth advertising in ORG-NEWS.

Yeah, I believe you understand correctly. Ori found that you could get it to work if you escape the double quotes, /and/ place that string literal inside a quoted form, but that was more of a happy accident than a design choice as far as I can tell. So this patch is sort of a new feature, but a trivial one.