Re: issue tracker?

From: Mario Frasca
Subject: Re: issue tracker?
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:46:41 -0500

Hi Bastien,

in the meanwhile someone found the patch, and we are working on it.

thank you for the feedback!

but it stays confusing, and sure I get the point, people here are volunteers, working on their free time, but precisely for this reason it would be better if we could rely on some more focused / focusing tool for working on patches.

while working on my contribution, I'm also reading the code I'm adding to, and I am tempted to perform unrelated edits, like correcting a docstring to a function that does something, just not quite what the docstring says, or refactoring stuff in order to add missing unit tests, but that way my patch would not focus on the task of adding this small piece of functionality.

it's several unrelated edits, and if we were to do this via email, it would cost all of us so much time, that I think I'll better leave it.

ciao, best regards, MF