Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blo

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blocks
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 22:17:07 +0200

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Brandon Guttersohn <brandon@guttersohn.org> writes:
>
>> So this patch is sort of a
>> new feature, but a trivial one.
>
> Agreed.  Could you or Kevin propose a sentence to advertise this small
> enhancement in etc/ORG-NEWS?

Here goes nothing.

Note that IIUC, for non-system includes to work, either

- the filenames must be absolute, or
- the compiler must be given -I arguments through org-babel-C-compiler.

This variable can be set (e.g. to "gcc -I .") with file or
directory-local variables.  Should we promote this method in NEWS?  A
downside is that the user will be warned about the variable's value
being potentially unsafe, and we can't really avoid that unless we throw
a blanket :safe #'stringp on this defcustom.