Re: [Feature] add a new org-attach dispatcher command to offline save we

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Feature] add a new org-attach dispatcher command to offline save web page
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 14:20:07 +0200

Hi,

stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> I added monolith link to defcustom option docstring now. Update
> patch again.

thanks for working on this, sorry for coming late to the party.

The initial need was to be able to download big web documents
asynchronously* but the conversation drifted and the patch now is
about adding a new org-attach command, using monolith.

org-attach-commands is an option that users can customize to suit
their needs.  Adding the ability to use monolith is fine, and we can
advertize through Worg, but I don't think it should be in Org's core,
because (1) monolith is never preinstalled and (2) there seems to be a
thin and non-obvious difference between what `org-attach-url' and what
`org-attach-url-archive' provide -- unless I miss something?

So please don't hesitate to document this on
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html or any other page!

Thanks,

* BTW, I still think implementing url-copy-file-asynchronously
is something that would be useful within Emacs core!

--
 Bastien