Re: Failing tests

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Failing tests
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 04:20:17 +0000

Kévin Le Gouguec writes:

> Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:
>
>>> I think I've narrowed this down to org-open-file running "less
>>> examples/att1/fileA" instead of visiting this file.
>> [...]
>>> Let-binding org-file-apps to '(("." . emacs)) makes the tests pass, but
>>> I don't know if that's the way we want to solve this.
>>
>> Thanks for looking into the failures.  Let-binding org-file-apps sounds
>> like a good approach to me.  Rather than the catch-all regular
>> expression, I believe the value could be ((t . emacs)).
>
> Absolutely.  I've attached a patch to that effect.

Thanks.  Applied (c8f7e89d7).

> I wonder though, shouldn't org-open-file always visit text/plain files?
> Why would we ever want to send those to an external viewer?
>
> I think this would need special-casing inside org-open-file, since I
> don't see a way to catch all text/plain files with org-file-apps.

Good question.  I'm not sure, though offhand I can't think of cases
where I'd want to send text/plain files to an external viewer.  I'd
guess this doesn't matter much in practice given the default position of

  (auto-mode . emacs)

in org-file-apps, which will catch a good number of text/plain files.