Re: FWD: Org-Babel Support for Powershell

From: tomas
Subject: Re: FWD: Org-Babel Support for Powershell
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 14:01:13 +0200

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 01:47:45PM +0200, Russell Adams wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 11:38:38PM +0000, Gustav Wikström wrote:
> > #+begin_src powershell
> >   2+2
> > #+end_src
> >
> > #+RESULTS:
> > : 4
>
> That's pretty easy. What executable should it run?
>
> > /of topic It's safe to say the free software movement has gained a strong
> > footing [...]

> I think it's dangerously ignorant to choose to ignore 20+ years (in my career)
> of the actively user and OSS hostile actions that MS has taken. They are still
> an abusive monopoly.

Plus... they still are up to shenanigans. They just do it more quietly.

For a recent case, see their spat with the Privacy Commissioner of the City
of Berlin (sorry, German).

  https://t3n.de/news/microsoft-mahnt-berlin-wegen-ab-1281556/

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/warnung-vor-teams-skype-und-zoom-berlins-datenschutzbeauftragte-beugt-sich-vorlaeufig-microsoft/25841622.html

They're a corporation. They are out to make money. Other aspects
tend to stay behind. That's simple, ain't it?

Cheers
-- t