ISSUE: dev documentation loading org, built from git

From: Anthony Carrico
Subject: ISSUE: dev documentation loading org, built from git
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 13:01:10 -0400

Recently, Bastien pointed me to org contribute documentation:

On 5/22/20 11:10 AM, Bastien wrote
> See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html on how to contribute.

And I found my way to:
  https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html

This document doesn't have a simple 5 step process at the top, but if I
recall correctly I did something like this:

$ make
$ emacs local.mk # edit this to set prefix
$ make
$ make install

And so I've built Version 9.4-dev locally, and now
~/share/emacs/site-lisp/org has the .el and .elc files. I've added

(push "/home/acarrico/share/site-lisp" load-path)

as the first thing in my init.el, but I'm unsure how to get this to
load. Currently an older version is running. I'm not even sure what kind
of artifact I'm looking for--an emacs package? list-packages shows:

org 9.3.6
org 9.1.9

--
Anthony Carrico