Bug in identification of links?

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Bug in identification of links?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 16:00:49 -0600

Hello,

org-mode fails to recognize https://doi.org/10.1016/0370-1573(89)90087-2
as a valid URL, it breaks it after the closing parenthesis ). I don't
understand why this is the case as I would imagine that if the )
character is not allowed in URLs the link would be broken before it and
not after. I haven't tried to find the code responsible for this, thus I
don't know what exactly is going on. Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Dan