Re: [bug] select TODO items and unexpected behaviour

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [bug] select TODO items and unexpected behaviour
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:04:19 -0400

[ Please don't drop the list in your replies. ]

Mario Frasca writes:

> if we were using self-evaluating symbols, the issue would vanish, and
> the code might result easier to read.

The "loop over headline" code in org-todo needs to be able to handle
every argument that org-todo accepts, including prefix arguments.  A
wholesale rewrite of all of its arguments isn't an option.

> On 28/06/2020 01:32, Kyle Meyer wrote:
>> Should be fixed with
>> 8a2eb7d1b.
>
> I have an extra doubt on this feature.  in fact, the completely
> independent rotation of status is not what I would expect.  what I would
> expect is more like having several 3-way switches next to each other,
> and I pull them all together to a common position, stepwise … like,
> imagine the status is 1-2-0…
>
> times I activate the tool ->
>
> 0 1 2 3 …
> -----------
> 0 1 2 0
> 1 1 2 0
> 2 2 2 0
> 1 1 2 0
> 0 1 2 0
> 2 2 2 0
>
> now what happens is:
>
> 0 1 2 3 …
> 0 1 2 0
> 1 2 0 1
> 2 0 1 2
> 1 2 0 1
> 0 1 2 0
> 2 0 1 2

This is orthogonal to the fix in 8a2eb7d1b.  I do not have an opinion,
at least at the moment.  Perhaps others that are interested will weigh
in.