[9.4] LOGBOOK visibility

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: [9.4] LOGBOOK visibility
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 12:19:12 +0200

Hi,

I've noticed that LOGBOOK drawers are now (9.4) open by default when
visiting an Org file, AFAICT as a result of org-startup-folded now
defaulting to showeverything.

That's not much of a problem by itself; what I find more of a hindrance
is that even with "#+STARTUP overview", when one starts isearching for
something, all "nearby" LOGBOOK drawers are opened; this adds a lot of
visual noise that hides the document structure.

For example, in the attached file, if I search for "bug#5":

- Org 9.3 keeps the drawers closed,
- Org 9.4 opens every drawer for bugs 4, 5 and 6.

AFAICT Org 9.3 never opened these drawers unless either
org-startup-folded was showeverything, the user explicitly opened one
individually, or their /content/ matched a search.

Note that when cycling with S-TAB, even when "[SHOWING] ALL", Org 9.4
keeps these drawers closed.

Is there a knob I've missed that would allow me to tell Org to keep
LOGBOOKs closed?

BTW, while reading ORG-NEWS, I came across this bit, added in 074ea1629:

> *** Deprecated ~org-cycle-hide-drawers~ function
>
> Use the new function ~org-hide-drawer-all~ instead.  Note that there
> is also a new ~org-cycle-hide-property-drawers~ function.

AFAICT org-cycle-hide-property-drawers has been removed in 1aa095ccf?

Thank you for your time, and for your work with Org 9.4.