Re: How to mark task as done at specified (past) time?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: How to mark task as done at specified (past) time?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 22:56:01 -0400

Tim Landscheidt writes:

> I have an icky feeling about cl-letfing current-time because
> Murphy might cause a timer to fire in just that time frame
> and I have no idea what current-time is for that timer; so
> if future org-mode releases would provide a cleaner API I
> would very much appreciate that :-).

Murphy would need to do something pretty invasive to get the timer to
execute in that scope, I think.  (Not relevant for this context, but
threads don't play nicely with cl-letf; if you cl-letf bind a function
definition in one thread and then yield execution to another, the second
thread can see the cl-letf binding.)

Anyway, I'd be glad to see API proposals (backward-compatibility
concerns aside).