Re: org-sbe and code blocks in a different files

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: org-sbe and code blocks in a different files
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 09:09:09 +0200

Hi Douglas,

Douglas Perrin <doug2024@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,
> Maybe I am not understanding what you want to do but I use
> org-babel-lob-ingest/org-sbe to execute blocks from other files on
> start-up like this:
> # Local Variables:
> # eval: (org-babel-lob-ingest "Template-Loader.org")
> # eval: (org-sbe "Init-Template") ;; the name of a block
> in Template-Loader.org file
> # End:
>
> I assume this means that org-sbe can see the block names from the other
> file. But I haven't tested the behavior with #call just executing elisp.
> Doug
thanks for bringing that up again. Your example works, of course. After
further inspection I think that variables kill my example:

This code block comes from a file I processed with org-babel-lob-ingest.
o-b-l-i returns the correct number of code blocks in that file and org-bab

#+name: boing
#+begin_src elisp :var range=42
(message "Hello, crude world: %s" range)
#+end_src

This comes from the file where I want to use the code block:

| <2020-02-19 Wed>--<2020-02-21 Fri> | #ERROR |
#+TBLFM: $2='(org-sbe "boing" (range 23))

That fails. After removing the variable from the code block and from
org-sbe it works as expected. It works as well if I copy the code block
including the variable into the file with the table. Might be a bug or
my own stupidity?

Regards
hmw