attachments and inheritance (bug?)

From: Julius Dittmar
Subject: attachments and inheritance (bug?)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 17:27:43 +0200

Hello friends,

either I misunderstood something or I stumbled upon a bug.

Situation: I have a heading with some files attached. This heading has
an ID property, upon which the directory for those files is based.

There's also a subheading with no ID. Inside of that subheading I'd like
to link to one of the attached files. But although
org-attach-use-inheritance is non-nil, the attachment is not found from
inside that subheading.

Shouldn't it be found?

Thanks for any pointers,

Julius

#+name main.org
#+begin_src org
,* first heading :ATTACH:
:PROPERTIES:
:ID: 7eai57u0npi0
:END:

,** subheading
(no ID property here)

#+end_src

#+name some-file.txt
#+begin_src text
Just some junk to verify whether the correct file is displayed.
#+end_src

- GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9) of
2018-07-06
- org-mode: current master
- no setting containing 'attach' in any configuration file