empty/nil in table cells

From: Mario Frasca
Subject: empty/nil in table cells
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 12:08:44 -0500

Hi people,

I've been experimenting with associating the empty cell with the value nil, both ways, and it simplifies a lot writing functions. also, I've removed the error generation when reading from outside the table (instead of giving up with a user-error, I now get a nil).

it works for me, and I don't see counterindications.  is it worthwhile, offering you the patch?

MF