Re: Website revamp?

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: Website revamp?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 15:40:06 -0400

On 7/30/20 1:57 PM, TEC wrote> Ok, I had a bit of time so I had a quick look
and got started.
> I decided to start off with the big flashy stuff --- navbar and banner.
>
> I need to think about how I'm doing the styling more. To fit with the default
> org-export I need to work out what sort of CSS hackery I want to go with, at
> the moment it's with negative margins in a css calc(...) using variables.
>
> Anyway, barely started but you can take a peek here ---
> http://orgmode.tecosaur.com/
>
> Let me know what you all think :)

This is a very nice start in my opinion. There is one thing, something which
has nothing to do with the new design or the old design, that has sort of
bugged me for a long time though. That thing is the advertisement for "The Org
Mode 7 Reference Manual." Org is now at version 9.3.7, there have been
significant changes to Org since version 7, and the manual isn't available
anymore (as stated on the page). Potential and new users might be confused by
the advertisement. Perhaps there is another graphic that can replace the
graphic of the cover of the printed reference manual.

Scott Randby