Re: File local setting for export directory?

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: File local setting for export directory?
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 12:54:49 +0200

On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 08:25:13AM +0200, Loris Bennett wrote:
> I'm surprised no-one was interested, although I suppose back then I was
> probably also one of the uninterested :-)

Please remember maintainer time is limited. There are often edge cases for one
user as well for a software as flexible as Org.

> I only have one org file from which I generate a number of graphics as
> well a PDF which contains the graphics.  Don't many people do a lot more
> of that kind of stuff and don't they want to exclude a directory with
> generated files from, say, Git?

I produce all of my professional documentation for customers in Org to Latex and
PDF. I create a directory for each document where all the files go, and so I
expect my .org, .tex, and .pdf files to be in the root of that directory. I will
sometimes add subdirectories for small files (images, source code, etc) that I
include in the final document. Which sounds like opposite the scheme you are
using.

This may also come from my history of code management, makefiles, etc.