Bug: Appointments duration and effort sums in agenda column view [9.3.7

From: Stanislav Vlasov
Subject: Bug: Appointments duration and effort sums in agenda column view [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-700-ga1e5be @ ~/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:25:57 +0200

Dear org community,

It seems that adding appointment duration to efforts sum is not working for
Agenda Column View. Setting `agenda-columns-add-appointments-to-effort-sum'
does not affect that.

Looking at the org-colview.el code I think that the reason why column view in
org agenda can not add entry duration to efforts (even when
org-agenda-columns-add-appointments-to-effort-sum is set to t) is because the
function org-columns--collect-values which is called on each org entry by
org-agenda-columns cannot actually get the text property 'duration at the point
where it tries to do that.

I proposed a temporary workaround as an answer to the related question at
Emacs StackExchange -
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/58875/how-do-i-add-appointments-to-effort-sum

Kind regards,
Stas

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20)
 of 2020-05-19
Package: Org mode version 9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-700-ga1e5be @
~/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)