Re: ISSUE: Unable to resolve link (html export)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: ISSUE: Unable to resolve link (html export)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 11:18:13 +0200

Hello,

Anthony Carrico <acarrico@memebeam.org> writes:

> * Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Create a file called test.org:
>
> #+TITLE: test.org
>
> 2. Create a file called test2.org:
>
> #+TITLE: test2.org
> [[file:test.org::+TITLE: test][test]]
>
> 3. Export C-c C-e h H
>
> * Expected result:
>
> An html buffer
>
> * Actual result:
>
> Unable to resolve link: "No match for fuzzy expression: +TITLE: test"
>
> * Additional data
>
> The link was created by going to the first line of test.org and hitting
> C-c l, then the second line of test2.org and hitting C-c C-l.
>
> * Work around
>
> It seems like changing the link to:
>
> [[file:test.org::#+TITLE: test][test]]
>
> allows the export to succeed. On the other hand, the original link works
> fine internally. This leads me to suspect that export is using different
> code to follow links, but also that the insert link code is buggy,
> skipping the pound symbol.

The pound character has a special meaning in links. It denotes custom
IDs. Here,

  [[file:test.org::#+TITLE: test]]

means you're looking for a headline with the CUSTOM_ID property set to
"+TITLE: test" in the file "test.org"

Therefore, it is automatically removed in another context, e.g., in text
search.

However, the export process doesn't resolve text searches.

If you want to link to a specific part of the text, you can use
a target.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou