Re: save plot in python babel

From: Jeremie Juste
Subject: Re: save plot in python babel
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 23:02:53 +0200

Hello Jack,

Many thanks for having taken the time to reply.
I'll definitely try ob-jupyter.

> My goal is to make ob-python a serious alternative to these external
> ob-* packages eventually. Here are some of the improvements I have in
> mind:
>
> - Improved plotting
> - Support for pandas DataFrames and numpy Arrays
> - Async session evaluation
yes these improvements would be great. My elisp skills are poor but I'll
be sure to give you feedback on these features.

> I've been delayed working on this as I've gotten very busy due to the
> pandemic (I am a bioinformaticist working on SARS-CoV-2 sequencing). But
> I'm hoping to make a bit of progress this week, as I'm on vacation and
> unable to go outside due to the smoke from the California fires.
>
> It's unclear to me if we're in a feature freeze, so I'm currently
> pushing ob-python development to a separate branch [6], which I'll
> cherry pick into master after the Org 9.4 release.
In your own time will be just fine. I've been only an enthusiastic user
of org-mode until now. I'll go through the manual again and I'll try to
give back what I can.

Stay safe,
Jeremie