Re: org-link-set-parameters :complete how to prompt for description?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-link-set-parameters :complete how to prompt for description?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 09:26:01 +0800

> I am guessing you were referring to org-link-make-string?

Well. Not really. But I am glad that you found the function you need.

Normally, org-link-make-description-function should be called for any
link inserted with org-insert-link to generate initial text for the
description prompt. The (possibly empty) prompt should actually be shown
regardless of the value of org-link-make-description-function. But I
guess you can as well directly return the link with description in your
completion function.

Best,
Ihor