Re: [feature request] A new cookie type [!] showing the last note taken

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [feature request] A new cookie type [!] showing the last note taken
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 10:02:03 +0800

>> - <note heading> \\
>>   <User note, possibly multi-line>
>
> This is not specific enough to be considered as syntax. The risk of
> false positive is too high. This is the reason why notes were never
> considered as syntactically meaningful so far.

I may miss something, but it does not look [for me] any more specific
in comparison with headline format:

- headline :: "^\*+ .+$"
- first line of note :: "^[ \t]*-.+\\\\$"

Body of the note can be extracted using existing item parser (removing
the first line).

>> The <note heading> is taken from `org-log-note-headings'.
>
> This is configurable, which is not a good idea for any new syntax.

Agree. The syntax may allow arbitrary first line instead of limiting it
to `org-log-note-headings'. Though `org-log-note-headings' can still be
used to define special types of notes - not a part of syntax, but for
org-mode functionality in Emacs.

Best,
Ihor