Re: Are we still in a feature freeze?

From: TEC
Subject: Re: Are we still in a feature freeze?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 18:37:19 +0800

Hi Bastien!

Great to see you back on the lists again :)

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Good guess :)   I'm rolling up my sleeves to get to 9.4 ASAP so that
> we can commit features in the master branch again soonish.
>
> Still, you can share patches on the list, that's useful to discuss
> and improve them.

I won't hold back till 9.4 is released then, thanks for confirming the status.

> We do not use code.orgmode.org for collaborative development, we
> use this list instead.  You can still create a clone of Org where
> you see fit.

Ah, I see. I was going off a line in
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html
"If you are undertaking big changes, please create a dedicated branch"

I'm not sure if ~10 commits counted, but thought this may be the way to
go. Once again, thanks for clarifying.

Much appreciated!

Timothy.

p.s. If you'd like a TLDR on that website thread I started I'd happily
attempt one. I just hope you don't find me too presumptions going as far
as I have without having heard your thoughts on it.