Re: ical2org.awk

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: ical2org.awk
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 14:31:13 +0100

On Friday,  4 Sep 2020 at 13:01, Russell Adams wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 12:34:54PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
>> So please feel free to move ahead with moving ical2org.awk.
>
> On a tangent, I found there was existing code in Gnus to import
> ical. Do we need another library or file to manage if the
> functionality is already in emacs?

As the original author of ical2org.awk, I should say that I do use the
functionality within gnus for importing calendar invites that I receive,
esp. from colleagues, into org.  I use the awk script to batch import
calendar entries from e.g. Google or Office365 calendars.  I'm not sure
if the code you pointed to has the functionality to batch import
although I guess it would be quite trivial to write some code around it.

I'm happy for ical2org.awk to be removed from Worg although I will
obviously continue using my own version as it's part of my somewhat
complex workflow that's evolved over the past decade.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.7-725-g7bc18e