Re: WIP: Org-plot work

From: TEC
Subject: Re: WIP: Org-plot work
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 11:21:41 +0800

Mario Frasca <mariotomo@inventati.org> writes:

> Hi all. Temporarily with hardly any connection. I dropped attempting
> to have my patches accepted after a couple of RFCs were met with
> silence. My understanding is that org-plot is abandoned, in favour of
> babel blocks, and I have too little interest in learning that.

Hi Mario! Good to hear from you,

I'm sorry to hear that your RFCs were met with silence - if it means
anything, had I been on the orgmode list at the time I likely would
have responded :)

I vaguely recall seeing that email saying that babel blocks should just
be used instead, and I fundamentally disagreed with the perspective of
the author. To me org-plot should be kept around, as gnuplot blocks can
not offer the same ease of functionality as org-plot. The default type
currently (pre my patches) were simple enough that they'd often be a few
lines, but org-plot has the ability to quickly create complex plots in a
concise manner which simply can't be matched by any other function in
org.

If no-one eles 'picks up the torch' with org-plot, I would like to do
so. Please give my patches a look/review, and consider bumping your RFCs
(so I have an email to reply to).

Thanks for your work,

Timothy.