Re: eldoc recursion error

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: eldoc recursion error
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 00:12:44 -0400

Matt Price writes:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 11:27 AM Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I can't reproduce the bug.  What version of Emacs are you using?
>>>
>>> Can you give a recipe starting with emacs -q?
>>
>> I htink I have it now.
>>
>> $ emacs -q
>>
> I forgot to say, this is emacs git (2.8.0.50 from yesterday) and org-mode
> master (current)

I can trigger it with Emacs's master.  Rather than being an issue with
the two recent compatibility kludges (47f26b1e7 and b2b587387), I think
this comes down to an additional (and hopefully last) spot,
org-eldoc-get-mode-local-documentation-function, needing to be adjusted,
(as suggested in <https://orgmode.org/list/87v9hlak7y.fsf@kyleam.com>).

Taking a quick look, I think it will need to be a bit more involved than
the other kludges.