Re: Getting Org-Crypt to work (doc bug?)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Getting Org-Crypt to work (doc bug?)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 10:36:16 +0200

Hello,

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get org-crypt to work, but I'm missing something.
> Following the Org-Crypt Info page, I've set it up for symmetric
> encryption and added a :crypt: tag to a header.  When I try to save the
> file, it reports that no key was specified, so it will do symmetric
> encryption.  And then it freezes.  C-g will unfreeze, but the buffer is
> slightly messed up like it started working on something, but waited for
> an external command? GPG is installed.  What am I missing?

Could you explain more precisely what you did? For example, I encounter
no problem crypting the following file:

* Test
:crypt:

This is crypted.

# Local Variables:
# org-crypt-key: nil
# End:

Upon saving the file, I type the key twice, and the entry is encrypted.

Note that I evaluated (org-crypt-use-before-save-magic) once beforehand.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou