Re: Getting Org-Crypt to work (doc bug?)

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Getting Org-Crypt to work (doc bug?)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 11:15:51 +0200

    >> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:18:50PM +0100, Colin Baxter wrote:
    >>> [...] I set the variable `epa-pinentry-mode' to loopback as in
    >>>
    >>> #+begin_src elisp (setq epa-pinentry-mode 'loopback) #+end_src
    >>>
    >>> This seems to work.

    >> Oh, thanks -- this answers the question I only half-posed :)

    >> BTW: the variable documentation says to use `epg-pinentry-mode'
    >> for Emacs versions >= 27.1

    Colin> I remember I had this epa/epg issue a while ago, I think with
    Colin> emacs-26.3. Putting the variable as `epa-pinentry-mode' worked for
me, but
    Colin> `epg-pinentry-mode' didn't. I've not looked at it since. It still
works
    Colin> for me with emacs-27.1 and I thought it best to leave it alone. :-)

    epa-pinentry-mode is a variable defined in `epg-config.el'.
    Its value is nil

      This variable is an alias for `epg-pinentry-mode'.
      This variable is obsolete since 27.1;
      use `epg-pinentry-mode' instead.

That means you should be good for at least another two emacs releases
or so (5 years, 8? who knows).

Robert