Re: "text mode" org mode

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: "text mode" org mode
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:05:32 +0200

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 02:27:17PM +0200, Emanuel Berg via General discussions
about Org-mode. wrote:
> Can I tell Org mode to don't change editing back and
> forth, also don't collapse items in and out, i.e.
> virtually text mode, only I still want the font lock
> and to be able to use the mode to set keys, the
> functions to compile into a PDF, and so forth.

I believe you can set your #+STARTUP on your file to "showall".

https://orgmode.org/manual/In_002dbuffer-Settings.html

This will make the whole file open. I don't know if you could disable
tab folding a drawer later though.