Re: basic org questions

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: basic org questions
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:38:29 +0200

Re: basic org questions
Russell Adams wrote:

>> 1) How do I make a region italic? [...]
>
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/18101/org-mode-multi-line-emphasis-and-bold

OK, thanks, not the same good looking syntax tho but
good enough for government work, I suppose.

>> 2) How do I have tables not appear centered by
>> default, but left-aligned?
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Column-Width-and-Alignment.html

Tried all of the three options suggested

  #+STARTUP: align
  #+STARTUP: noalign
  #+STARTUP: shrink

but the table still appears centered?

OK, no I see, I mean the actual table should appear
to the left! The table itself looks good.

>> 3) How do I have a new paragraph, as indicated by
>> p1
>> p2
>> appear w/o indentation, but with a blank line
>> between p1 and p2 (yes, exactly as stated,
>> really).
>
> In what? Are you exporting?

Yes, I use `org-latex-export-to-pdf' to get a PDF.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573