Re: official orgmode parser

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: official orgmode parser
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:16:27 +1000

Przemysław Kamiński <pk@intrepidus.pl> writes:

> So, I keep clock times for work in org mode, this is very handy.
> However, my customers require that I use their service to provide the
> times. They do offer API. So basically I'm using elisp to parse org,
> make API calls, and at the same time generate CSV reports with a Python
> interop with org babel (because my elisp is just too bad to do that). If
> I had access to some org parser, I'd pick a language that would be more
> comfortable for me to get the job done. I guess it can all be done in
> elisp, however this is just a tool for me alone and I have limited time
> resources on hacking things for myself :)

I would probably use org's org-export-table command to export the clock
table as a CSV and then just use a simple script to read in that CSV and
do the API calls.

> Another one is generating total hours report for day/week/month to put
> into my awesomewm toolbar. I ended up using orgstat
> https://github.com/volhovM/orgstat
> however the author is creating his own DSL in YAML and I guess things
> were much better off if it all stayed in some Scheme :)

Sounds like you have a solution. I would probably just setup a hook to
generate the updated table and export it when the file is saved and then
have something consume that exported file to update the taskbar.

--
Tim Cross