Re: how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 19:33:16 -0400

swedebugia writes:

>> > On Sep 15, 2020, at 3:37 PM, swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net>
[...]
>> > I read:
>> > https://orgmode.org/manual/Refile-and-Copy.html
>> >
>> > But its unclear to me how to exclude a file from appearing in the
>> > refile target cache.
[...]
>> You can use org-refile-targets to explicitly tell which files to
>> include when you want to Copy and Refile. I am not near my computer,
>> otherwise I would have shared an example.
>
> Thanks! This should be added in the manual page linked above I think.

That section does mention org-refile-targets under org-refile:

    By default, all level 1 headlines in the current buffer are
    considered to be targets, but you can have more complex definitions
    across a number of files.  See the variable ~org-refile-targets~ for
    details.

Is there something else in particular you'd like to see there?