Re: variable-pitch-mode misaligns org-mode heading tags

From: Jeff Filipovits
Subject: Re: variable-pitch-mode misaligns org-mode heading tags
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:03:24 -0400

Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org> writes:

Hrm, no this isn't good enough. For graphical windows we still need to set the display text properties to align all tags when the buffer initially loads. AFAICS there's currently no code to trigger this, so it would need to be added, and for large files this might actually
cause problems with file loading time unless it was done in the
background (a bit like fontification can be done).

Initial test had some problems on my end. I have a couple ideas. Will try to write something tomorrow. Hopefully someone will chime in otherwise.

The upside of this is that it enabled me do to some hacking so now I can use a variable pitch font in the mu4e headers view and keep the columns aligned, which makes mu4e much prettier.

--
Jeff Filipovits
Spears & Filipovits, LLC

All emails confidential to the fullest extent of the law.