Re: creating png images in emails with org-mode

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: creating png images in emails with org-mode
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 00:57:11 -0400

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> One more time, my setup to create png image via LaTeX in email in org-mode is
> broken.
>
> I get this error message:
>
> Creating LaTeX preview...
> org-compile-file: File "/tmp/orgtex2wp50c.png" wasn’t produced.  Please
> adjust ‘imagemagick’ part of ‘org-preview-latex-process-alist’.
>
> Your help is welcome, because I do not understand what I have to do, how I
> have to "adjust" imagemagick.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jo.

Apparently, recent versions of ImageMagick (version 7 seems to be one)
on (perhaps) some distros ship with a
/etc/ImageMagick-<version>/policy.xml file that imposes restrictions
on what can be done. Here's an SE question with some information:

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/31408/error-message-when-previewing-latex-snippet-in-org-file

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler