Re: creating png images in emails with org-mode

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: creating png images in emails with org-mode
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:08:43 -0400

> On Thursday, 17 Sep 2020 at 00:57, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Apparently, recent versions of ImageMagick (version 7 seems to be one)
>> on (perhaps) some distros ship with a
>> /etc/ImageMagick-<version>/policy.xml file that imposes restrictions
>> on what can be done. Here's an SE question with some information:
>
> Thank you.  Interesting.
>
> For the OP, it might be worth noting that the solution on the
> StackExchange page you linked to refers to the generation of PDF files
> from the LaTeX snippet; I would imagine that the fix noted will need to
> be adjusted for PNG files but cannot verify as I'm still on ImageMagick
> version 6 and don't have these issues.

Actually, it refers to the generation of PNG files from PDF files using
`convert' (I think). The `imagemagick' process of LaTeX preview uses
`pdflatex'to go from TeX to PDF and `convert' to go from PDF to PNG.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler