Re: Bug: Double trailing slash for default candidate in org-refile-get-t

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Bug: Double trailing slash for default candidate in org-refile-get-target [9.4 (9.4-7-g3eccc5-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200921/)]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 11:49:41 -0300

Hi stardiviner,

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 11:17, stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> wrote:

I have same issue when using Ivy. But can't reproduce this by disabled ivy-mode. And only happened when I refiled once, then the target will has two slash like this:

#+begin_example
Tasks/kk//   (file.org)
Tasks/hello/ (file.org)
#+end_example

Thank you for checking this and for confirming you also observe this behavior with Ivy.

Regarding when ivy-mode is off, as I argued in the original report, the problem is indeed *not visible* when using `completing-read-default', the double trailing slash is nevertheless there if you inspect the value being passed as default value to the completing-read-function. The tests included with ivy-mode turned off were meant to emphasize things are expected to work with the suggested fix also in this case, in other words, that this is not "just a fix for ivy-mode", which is not the problem here.

Best,
Gustavo.