Re: org-capture at point

From: No Wayman
Subject: Re: org-capture at point
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 01:24:18 -0400

Since org-plus-contrib 20200920, I'm no longer able to get
org-capture to insert a template at the point. Instead, it seems
to place the entry at the appropriate heading level, above the
current heading. Looking at the help page, perhaps it's this
behavior:

This happens with both a custom interactive function that calls
(org-capture 0), and by using a zero prefix.

I'm not able to get this functionality to work:
"When called with a ‘C-0’ (zero) prefix, insert a template at
point."

I can confirm this behavior.
Looks like it was introduced with:

f5573e6a0 org-capture.el: Fix heading's level when inserting a template "here"

I tested by running the following:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :lexical t
(dotimes (n 3)
 (let ((org-capture-templates
        `(( "e" "test"
            entry
            (file "/temp/null.org")
            ,(format "* %d" n)
            :immediate-finish t
            :no-save t))))
   (goto-char (point-max))
   (org-capture 0 "e")))
#+end_src

with Org built from f5573e6a0 output is:

* 1
* 2
* 0

prior to f5573e6a0 (tested on b79fef1da) output is:

* 0
* 1
* 2