Re: Reply-All noise

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Reply-All noise
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 14:58:46 +0100

On Saturday, 10 Oct 2020 at 10:53, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> IMO the problem is the list user that "Answers to all".

But this is *not* the problem as the org mode mailing list is open,
i.e. anybody can post whether they subscribe or not.  Hence, replying to
all is actually the safest option.

The problem, if there is one, is to use a mail reading tool that doesn't
show you emails you've already seen again.  gnus, for instance.

> Why should I modify my system because another one make errors?

Not an error so either modify or live with it?  I am not trying to be
snarky or rude, simply stating the options for *this* particular mailing
list.  For other lists, the situation could be different, as it would
be with newsgroups of old where it was common practice to ask for email
followups with the promise of a summary of results afterwards.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4-38-g16f505