Re: Disabling automatic links for timestamps and tags

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Disabling automatic links for timestamps and tags
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 15:27:34 -0400

Peter Bienstman writes:

> Thanks! Is there a way to achieve this while still keeping the syntax
> highlighting intact?

I'm not aware of a built-in option to do that.  If you want to come up
with a custom solution, the code to study is org-set-font-lock-defaults,
which in turn calls org-activate-tags and org-activate-dates.  You could
override -activate-tags and -activate-dates to not apply the mouse-face
and keymap properties.  Or perhaps just remove them afterwards:

    (defun my/org-discard-mouse (&rest _)
      (remove-text-properties (match-beginning 1) (match-end 1)
                              '(mouse-face nil keymap nil))
      t)

    (advice-add 'org-activate-tags :after-while #'my/org-discard-mouse)
    (advice-add 'org-activate-dates :after-while #'my/org-discard-mouse)