Re: New website - back to the old unicorn!

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: New website - back to the old unicorn!
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 15:38:39 +0100

On 26/10/2020 15:26, TEC wrote:

> Daniele Nicolodi <daniele@grinta.net> writes:
>
>> I like the new design. Thank you for your work!
>
> Thanks for the kind words!
>
>> Two things:
> *cough, Three 😆

Indeed, I thought about the third one while writing the first two...

>> - in Firefox on a macOS machine, the colophon renders as "Made
>> with XX
>> by TEC" with the XX being an Unicode replacement character. What
>> is it
>> supposed to be?
>
> Currently a brown heart, though I've actually had a better, less
> tacky
> idea. You'll see it in a day or two ;)

Do you have any idea while it does not seem to be understood by Firefox
on macOS? It seem to be an emoji character... as the unicode replacement
char does not look that nice, what about replacing it with a more
commonly supported gliph? Or an embeeded SVG, maybe?

>> - (minor) I would add a background to the example in the home
>> page to
>> make it stand out more as an example org-mode syntax buffer
>
> Hmm, I've got mixed feelings about that. I kinda like how smoothly
> it
> fits in at the moment, and I wouldn't want to jeopardise that. If
> we can
> have it fit in smoothly, and more clearly be a example that would
> be
> great though :)

IMHO a very light gray background would not compromise the design and
make the example stand out as such.

Cheers,
Dan