Re: org-marker vs. org-hd-marker

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: org-marker vs. org-hd-marker
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 12:00:55 +0100

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

> My reading (which could be very wrong) is that org-hd-marker is always
> set to the start of the headline.  org-marker, on the other hand, is set
> to some position in the entry that depends on who is setting it.

Thanks for the insights, Kyle.

Do you know whether I can assume that one of those is always present
(org-marker probably, since org-hd-marker is not always present) when
examining the result of `org-agenda-get-day-entries'?  I don't care
about the exact location in an entry.

> > What does "hd" stand for?
>
> Headline, I guess.

Ah, that would make sense (and also explain why there are no 4k markers
;-)

Regards,

Michael.