preserving (zero-space) indenting in begin_src when exporting/publishing

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: preserving (zero-space) indenting in begin_src when exporting/publishing (to mark-down)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:54:38 +0100

Hi,

I have troubles to export (or publish) some orgfiles, which contain
``src'' snippets intended for markdown. The (for me) unwelcome behavior
is the same for org-export and org-publish, I guess, since it has the
same core reason.

The problem currently for me is for the markdown format. I have seen
similar behavior for other exports, though did not care since it for
those situations, it was/is ``good enough''. Now, however, I do some
export to md, to be used for Jekyll webpages, and it's no longer good
enough.

For concreteness sake: I got some section

#+begin_src markdown
---
layout: default
title: Some Title
---
#+end_src

which is exported to md literally, but with 4 leading spaces as
indentation, like

    ---
    layout: default
    title: Some Title
    ---

That's insofar unwelcome, as Jekyll wants those pieces of information
without indentation.

Alright, that's the situation, and the question is:

          is there a way to get rid of that

(during org-exporting/publishing, of course, not just post-processing
the md file).

This is what I tried so far. There are some variables one can tweak

1) org-src--preserve-indentation
2) org-src-preserve-indentation
3) org-edit-src-content-indentation

I set the 1) and 2) to "t" (also locally to the file to export). For 3),
the docs state it's about

  "Indentation for the content of a source code block."

So that sounded like it had something to do with my issue. Actually, the
original value was 2, and I set it to 0. There was no effect, the
indentation, when doing export, is still 4, as it was before setting
that to 0.

Any ideas? Thanks, Martin