Re: New website - back to the old unicorn!

From: TEC
Subject: Re: New website - back to the old unicorn!
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 00:59:29 +0800

Let's do two at once:

Daniele Nicolodi <daniele@grinta.net> writes:

Great work! it looks very nice and informative at the same time.
That's the idea! :D

If I can bikeshed a bit more: I like the lighter page background that is currently on http://orgomode.org more than the darker one in the new
version.

See the current. It's slightly tweaked, but you're not getting #fff :P

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

A few more minor comments based on the current version at https://orgmode.tecosaur.com/

1) Code block should use some coloring for header blocks and code body. The current theme highlights almost everything else but the header and code background.

WDYM? I took the current colouring from an Org file that I created.

2 and more important) Use the most popular language to get the most people interested. There are probably a lot more Python programmers than shell scripters. I suggest the code example should be a minimal (~6 lines?) of Python that produces either (or both) a simple graph or ~3 column table.

Hmmm. This seems sensible. I've tweaked the example. I may make it
something website-related later (to fit in with the other content).
Suggestions welcome.

Also, I just noticed you can click on the sections (sections, babel header, results) to collapse them! :).

Indeed! You can click on:
- the headers
- the #+begin_src and #+RESULTS
- the image and style.scss links
- oh, and the timestamp highlights

Which led me to an Org bug: The TODO Is 28 % complete, or 2/7, but 2/7*100 = 28.5714285714, so I think it should be 29 % complete.

Well, at least I'm accurate to Org :P

--
Timothy