Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 15:48:09 +0000

On Monday,  2 Nov 2020 at 16:23, Russell Adams wrote:
> #+BEGIN_RANT
> [...]
> #+END_RANT

Apologies for my comment then!  :-( I am fully sympathetic to the views
you have expressed.

Let me rephrase, therefore: it could be interesting to see Emacs as a
SaaS which processes org mode documents.  But, note, I only say it might
be interesting.  I am not particularly keen on cloud services for all
kinds of reasons including ownership, security, etc.

My solution is to have Emacs with me at all times so I have org & gnus &
erc & emms & ... :-) I have a Planet Computers Gemini and an
OpenPandora, for this reason, and am awaiting the soon to be available
Pyra with impatience to have a fully open system (open software in the
form of Debian & Emacs and open hardware, as much as is possible at the
moment).

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4-61-ga88806.dirty