Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 18:30:05 +0100

Hi!

I'm on Org mode maint git repo, currently v9.3.6.

I recently upgraded from an older git commit version.

Since the upgrade I do have a different behavior:

- Consider this list itemX
A 1
2

When I press RET at the "X" above, I end up at position "1". With
another RET, cursor ends up at "2". I'd love to get back the
previous behavior where RET at "X" always ended up at "A".

Unfortunately, there are tons of org*indent* variables out there.
I'd appreciate it very much if somebody knows what variable I need
to modify to get back to the previous behavior.

Thanks!

If somebody is interested why I do find the old one much better:
When I need one multi-line list item, I just keep on typing while
auto-wrap is active or I press M-q to re-format the item
accordingly. For a new list item, I'm using M-RET which solves the
indentation correctly.

When I press RET after the last list item to continue with a
non-list item, I prefer the old behavior which does not add the
extra spaces.

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/