Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 08:01:31 +0100

Tom Gillespie <tgbugs@gmail.com> writes:
> with upstream, but it is clear that upstream has done zero testing on
> the impact of that change on org-mode (or any other mode for that matter).

I think this statement is too hard. If you use org purely for the
example usecase (headings with a single content-line) and use CTRL-RET
to create new headings, you won’t notice the change. And I’m pretty sure
they tested that.

The change hurts for those who use org-mode as plain text with
superpowers, or as general source-format that can export to plain text,
LaTeX, html, and many more.

Best wishes,
Arne
--