Re: One vs many directories

From: Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: Re: One vs many directories
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 10:29:56 +0100

Am Samstag, dem 21. November 2020 schrieb Texas Cyberthal:
> Productivity studies show that navigation dominates search.  Human
> animals are natural pathfinders and walking computer paths with
> ergonomic file explorers such as Dired increases mastery of the
> subject matter.

This sounds interesting. As far as I am aware, search interfaces are
increasingly deployed instead of hierarchical structures (just take the
loss of the classic Windows Start Menu as an example). You suggest that
this is unergonomic, which I, from a personal taste, would tend to
agree. Do you have a source for the "productivity studies" you refer to?
I would like to skim through them and see if I can cite them the next
time someone wants me to convince to use a search-based interface.

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security:
Passau, Germany      | kontakt@guelker.eu    | () Avoid HTML e-mail