Re: One vs many directories

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: One vs many directories
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 11:56:57 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2020-11-22 11:33]:
> > ***** Full contact information is required
> >       :PROPERTIES:
> >       :CREATED:  [2018-10-08 Mon 21:34]
> >       :ID:       06781e66-0382-4833-a61e-0d76e317593f
> >       :END:
> >
> > Thank you. Am I supposed to declare these properties in
> > org-custom-properties for it not to be visible?
>
> Yes. I use
>
> (setq org-custom-properties '("ID" "STYLE" "REPEAT_TO_STATE"
> "CREATED"))

I've tried then :PROPERTIES and :END: still remain. It is possible
even not to show PROPERTIES but :END remains.

> Then, you will need to run M-x org-toggle-custom-properties-visibility
> or add it to org-mode-hook.

Thank you, I will rather give up on that. It is not designed for it.

> Hiding the emptied property drawer is currently not possible, unless you
> use my WIP patch [1]. The branch also mitigates the issue with large org
> files. However, this particular functionality was opposed by other devs
> earlier. Further discussion will follow once more important parts of the
> patch are resolved.
>
> If you use the patch, you can also set
> org-custom-properties-hide-emptied-drawers to 't. Then, your example
> should look like
>
> ***** Full contact information is required

Thank you, I will choose to give up on that as it has not get much
priority and maybe I stop creating unique IDs.

I will explore how to re-file tasks into the SQL database.