Re: Clock tables and two ways to categorize tasks

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Clock tables and two ways to categorize tasks
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 22:28:01 +0100

On 2020-11-22, at 19:16, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> * Kristian Grönberg <kristian@gronberg.org> [2020-11-22 08:56]:
>>
>> > On 20 Nov 2020, at 10:23, Leo Okawa Ericson <leo@relevant-information.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >

>> > Some time ago I hacked together a bunch of elisp to create a clock
>> > table
>
> I am sorry what is clock table?
>
> [snip]

Well, and how is all that helpful at all?

Of course, in an ideal world we'd be paid for the results, not for the
time.  But:

1. Welcome to the reality, this is not an ideal world.  I am being paid
for my time.  (And sometimes we really do not have a better option.  How
would you calculate a teacher's wage?)

2. Clocking in and out is the question of habit.  It does not really
take up a significant portion of my attention, especially with Ivy and
org-mru.  I've been doing it for years, and while I do sometimes forget
about it, an occasional error does not make the whole data useless.

3. Knowing where my time goes is the first step in optimizing it.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl