Re: ob-python: import local package into a session

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: ob-python: import local package into a session
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 06:24:39 -0800

Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> writes:

> I haven't really considered the option to install the utility functions as a
> package in the virtual environment, because I expect to change and develop
> those
> functions together with the rest of the project. If it were a separate
> package,
> I'd need to reinstall it every time I make changes to it, which will probably
> happen often.

If you install the package using either "python setup.py develop", or
"pip install -e", then Python will install your code via symlinks
instead of copying, so then you don't have to worry about reinstalling
every time you make an edit.

To switch between venv's in emacs, I use pyvenv:
https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/pyvenv