Re: One vs many directories

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: One vs many directories
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 19:46:17 +0800

> When I do C-c a it runs (org-agenda) but I do not have "g" and I am on
> development version. The C-c a window is made so that I cannot go with
> cursor inside and that I cannot even expect the key map neither invoke
> command by M-x and I cannot even M-:

C-c a will first show so-called agenda dispatcher asking you what kind
of agenda view you want to get. You need to press a key according to
the popup window (i.e. `t' to see all not done items). Then, you will
get the proper agenda buffer with all the keymaps set and `g' bound to
refreshing the chosen agenda view in the buffer.

> All that is wrong and not aligned to Emacs common interface. It is bug
> that bugs. Agenda buffer should allow users those standard Emacs
> features.

I am wondering what is the common Emacs interface you refer to. I am not
aware about any standard way to prompt user while also showing detailed
description of what to expect from different choices.

Best,
Ihor